Thailand e-Visa Application
Thailand e-Visa: Basic information
- leisure-related activities, e.g., a short vacation stay
- making family visits
- undergoing medical treatment at one of the registered hospitals in Thailand
- MICE participation (Meetings, Incentives, Conventions, & Exhibitions) supported by the Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau (TCEB)
Thailand also offers 8 additional types of electronic Visa:
- a business & investor visa (non-immigrant B/IB)
- a study visa (non-immigrant ED)
- a family visit visa (non-immigrant O)
- a transit visa
- a long-stay visa (issued for one or five years with the possibility of further extension)
- a SMART visa (for investors and entrepreneurs who wish to invest in one of the 10 S-Curve industries in Thailand, e.g., the agriculture and biotechnology sector.
- a government/diplomatic mission visa (non-immigrant F)
- a diplomatic/official visa
Specific features (such as validity period or maximum stay), as well as required documents, vary between different types of Thailand e-Visas, with some types requiring Request to provide officially issued documents.
- Begin by clicking on the “Login” button, which can be found in the menu on the right side of the screen.
- If you haven’t registered yet, please register yourself first.
- After registering, proceed to log in to the panel.
- Once you are logged in, navigate to the menu on the left side of the panel.
- Select the “Visa Application Form” option from the menu.
- Fill out this form with the required information.
- Finally, submit the completed form.
Travelers whose itinerary includes a stop in Thailand do not need to apply for a transit visa if:
- their connecting flight is to set off within less than 12 hours of arrival in Thailand
- they won’t leave the designated transit area at the airport
- they have the required documents for the final destination prepared
- their flight is booked on the same ticket
- A printout of their approved Thailand eVisa
- Their valid passport will not expire for at least six months
List of eligible countries
Citizens of the following countries are eligible to apply for the Thai eVisa online:
- Papua New Guinea
- Republic of Cyprus
- Saudi Arabia
Visitors from countries not listed above must apply for a Thai visa in person at the Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate.
Required documents for e-Visa
Make sure you have the following documents to apply for a Thailand e-visa:
- Original passport. You need a copy of the biological information page of your passport or travel document
- Photograph. It must be recent, taken within the last six months. It will reflect your current appearance.
- Confirm legal residence in your country.
- Financial sources. You must provide evidence that you have enough money to support yourself. This can be in the form of bank statements, proof of income and sponsorship letter.
- Proof of accommodation. You must provide detailed information about where you will stay in Thailand. This can be in the form of accommodation bookings, invitation letters from family/friends in Thailand.
- Confirm travel reservations. You must provide proof of a round-trip airline ticket.
- Declaration document.
Thailand eVisa applicants must have a passport valid for a minimum of six months from the intended date of arrival.
There are nine types of Thailand e-Visas, each for a specific purpose of visiting Thailand.
The Thailand e-Tourist Visa is a one-time travel permit that allows a 60-day stay in Thailand.
The validity period of an approved Thailand tourist eVisa is up to three or six months from the date of issue.
Thailand e-Visa can be processed up to 15 working days from online application.
Thailand Tourist Visa can be used for tourism purposes, including visiting family and friends, attending MICE events, and medical treatment.
The approved eVisa will be sent to each applicant via email in PDF format and must be printed before entering Thailand.