Lesotho Visa Types
Foreign nationals are required to apply for a visa to visit Lesotho. There are many types of visas for Lesotho. Before traveling, check what you need to enjoy a peaceful vacation.
In this article, we present the visa types and the requirements you must meet to obtain your chosen visa.
Note that visitors from certain countries can visit Lesotho without a visa as long as they have a valid passport.
e-Visa for Lesotho
Lesotho e-visas are available to travelers from over 160 countries. There are two types of electronic visas:
Single entry is valid for 44 days and multiple entries are valid for 180 days. It can be used for tourism or commercial activities.
The application process is simple and intuitive and in the case of a tourist visa, you must prepare:
- a valid passport (with 6-month validity) with 2 blank pages
- a photo of the face (make by phone or PC)
- a travel insurance
- yellow fever vaccination certificate.
When it comes to the requirements needed for the business type you need to have:
- a business license and travel document proving the business trip
- a bank statements
- a copy of travel insurance
- a business itinerary with accommodation
- a copy of the letter of invitation or employer letter
- yellow fever vaccination proof.
Additionally, all travelers must register with the Department of Immigration and provide documents translated into English if in another language.
Lesotho Tourist Visa
- Submit complete application
- Passport with at least 6 months validity and 2 blank pages
- appropriate photo.
Lesotho Student Visa
- visa required
- Additional documentation
- Passport (valid for at least 2 months and 2 blank pages)
- a photo taken via the app.
Diplomatic Visa for Lesotho
Diplomats with diplomatic passports and on official government business do not need a visa. They should only have an invitation letter from a government agency. You can contact the embassy or the Ministry of Home Affairs in Lesotho to receive an invitation.
If you are a diplomat to Lesotho, check that you have:
- valid passport for at least 6 months
- letter of invitation
- itinerary and Lesotho address
- proof of Yellow Fever vaccination.
Business Visa for Lesotho
- Provide business license and necessary documents
- provide up-to-date bank statements and travel insurance
- submit professional itinerary (including accommodation)
- send business references, such as an invitation from an organization or a letter from a company.
Lesotho Employment Visa
This visa can be used for work purposes in Lesotho. It allows foreign nationals to work permanently in Lesotho, but they must first obtain residency in the country. In addition to other requirements, a work permit is required to obtain a work visa.