Ethiopia e-Visa Application
Ethiopia e-Visa: Basic information
The Ethiopian e-visa comes in two different types, all travelers can choose between:
- a single-entry permit for a 30-day stay (99 Euro)
- a single-entry permit for a 90-day stay (129 Euro)
Every Ethiopia eVisa is:
- a single entry permit (you can only enter Ethiopia once during its validity period)
- for travel purposes only (such as going on vacation, exploring the country, or visiting family and friends)
The validity period of your Ethiopia online visa starts on the date of entry that you put in the application form.
To start the application process, by clicking on the “Login” button, which can be found in the menu on the right side of the screen.
If you haven’t registered yet, please register yourself first. After registering, proceed to log in to the panel.
Once you are logged in, navigate to the menu on the left side of the panel.
Select the “Visa Application Form” option from the menu. follow these instructions:
- Fill the application form:You will be asked to provide basic information, such as your passport information, expected dates of stay, and your email address.Please ensure that there are no errors in the data provided to avoid any delays in the approval process.
- Upload the supporting documents:Take a photo of the bio page of your valid passport using your phone and prepare a photo of the applicant’s face using a PC or phone camera.Download both documents and proceed to the final step.
- Payment and confirmation:Pay the Ethiopian eVisa fee and receive a confirmation number.Once the application is processed, you will receive a PDF document with your valid entry permit!
No matter which type should you choose, you can enter Ethiopia once and travel only for tourism purposes.
Please note – your eVisa will be digitally linked to your passport.
That means in case of losing your travel document or replacing it for any other reason, your online visa to Ethiopia becomes invalid.
If you intend to transit through Ethiopia, you do not need an e-Visa as long as the following conditions are met:
- You do not plan to leave the transit zone at the airport
- Your connecting flight is within 24 hours
If you plan to leave the transit area or your connecting flight is not within 24 hours, you must apply for a transit visa at the airport and cannot apply for a visa online.
Upon arrival in Ethiopia, you will need to show the following documents to the customs officials:
- Your valid passport (must not expire at least 6 months after the intended date of entry)
- a printout of the Ethiopian eVisa.You will receive your approved entry permit to the email address provided in the application form; Print the PDF and take it with you.
Grab your valid passport and complete the application process within minutes from home. Once the form is submitted, make sure to take a look at the Ethiopia eVisa sample below!
List of eligible countries
Required documents for e-Visa
Make sure to prepare the following documents before starting the online Ethiopian visa application process:
- applicant's face photo (that can be taken using a phone or a PC camera)
- a digital photo of the bio-data page of your passport
Why Is the Ethiopia e-Visa Issued?
How Much Does the Ethiopia e-Visa Cost?
The Ethiopia e-Visa fees are as follows:
|Single-entry 30 days Tourist visa||$52|
|Single entry 90 days Tourist visa||$72|
Can the Ethiopia e-Visa Be Extended?
- Ethiopia e-visa application must be submitted at least 3 working days before the planned trip
- Each visitor must submit a separate online visa application
- The Ethiopia eVisa must be printed and presented upon arrival
- Ethiopian e-visas are issued for tourist purposes only; Commercial activities are not allowed
- The validity period begins from the proposed date of entry into Ethiopia that each applicant provides in the application – not from the date of issue or actual date of arrival
- You can apply to extend your Ethiopian e-tourist visa before its expiration by visiting the Ministry of Immigration and Citizenship Headquarters in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Do not extend your eVisa term.