Divine Associates Ltd.
Explore Thailand with Ease

Thailand Visa Types

The flow of tourists to Thailand grew after the majority of restrictions were removed, which raised demand for visas. Of course, nationals of nations exempt from visa requirements can travel without one, but everyone else who wants to visit Thailand must obtain a visa.

Travelers who meet the requirements can quickly and easily apply online for an eVisa. Typically, the application form must be completed and the required supporting papers, such as a valid passport, a face photo, fully paid tickets, proof of sufficient funds, a letter from a firm, etc., attached.

After that, you must pay the cost and wait for processing. The authorized eVisa is delivered as a PDF file directly to the applicant's email address.

Based on the applicant's citizenship, the expected length of stay, and the intended use of the trip, the type of eVisa required will vary.

In general, there are nine different types of eVisas available in Thailand: tourist, business, investor, transit, long-stay, smart, non-immigrant, and diplomatic/official.

Tourist eVisa

People who desire to visit Thailand for tourism, brief visits with family and friends, medical treatment in licensed facilities, and participation in MICE (Meeting, Incentives, Convention & Exhibitions) funded by TCEB are granted a tourist visa.

A multiple-entry tourist visa is good for many visits over the course of a six-month period while a single-entry visa is only valid for three months. Both categories allow stays of up to 60 days per occasion.

This kind of visa can be obtained in person at a Thai embassy or consulate, online, or at the airport.

Business and Investor eVisa

The business visa is intended for persons who want to start, run, or work in a business. You can apply for a single-entry visa with a 90-day validity period as well as a multiple-entry visa with a 3- to 1-year validity period. For each visit, a stay of up to 90 days is permitted.

The investment visa is available to foreigners who invest THB 10 million in Thailand in one investment or through a combination of buying real estate, government bonds, or fixed deposit accounts with Thai banks. Its holders may stay in Thailand for up to 90 days, and the validity of this visa is for three months.

Non-Immigrant ED

For those looking for a visa who want to study in Thailand, there is the non-immigrant ED option. It has a single entrance, a three-month validity, and permits stays of up to 90 days, unless the Office of Immigration directs otherwise.

A visa extension is available to those who meet the requirements for a year starting on the day of admission.

Non-Immigrant O

Non-immigrant O is issued for:

  • visiting a Thai national's family (spouse, kids, adopted kids, parents)
  • volunteering (unpaid) labor with an NGO, charity, or association
  • participating in or serving as a witness in a legal proceeding
  • receiving medical treatment
  • serving as a housekeeper for a diplomat
  • nationals who have renounced their Thai citizenship.

The 3-month validity period of the visa. The length of stay cannot be longer than 90 days.

Transit Visa

The transit visa should be obtained by persons wishing to enter Thailand for such purposes:

  • to get through Thailand to their next destination;
  • to participate in sports events whose duration is up to one month;
  • for persons in charge or crew of a conveyance coming to a port, station, or area in the Kingdom of Thailand.

Travelers with this visa category can stay in the country for up to 30 days within the validity period of 3 months.

Long-Stay eVisa

A long-stay visa can be obtained in one of two ways:

  1. For foreigners 50 years of age and older. An applicant for this category of visa must reside permanently in the nation where they make their application. The validity period and allowed stay in Thailand are both one year. Its owners are unemployed.

  2. For foreigners from Japan, Australia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States of America, as well as their spouses and children under the age of twenty, who are over the age of fifty. With this type of visa, a person can work as a volunteer, stay in the country for five years during a five-year validity period, buy a car, and rent a place to live.

Smart eVisa

For international professionals, executives, business owners, and investors planning to engage in or make investments in the following sectors:

  1. Next-Generation Automotive
  2. Smart Electronics
  3. Affluent, Medical and Wellness Tourism
  4. Agriculture and Biotechnology
  5. Food for the Future
  6. Automation and Robotics
  7. Aviation and Logistics
  8. Biofuels and Biochemicals
  9. Digital
  10. Medical Hub

Non-Immigrant F

To stay in Thailand for three months within the same validity period, you can apply for a non-immigrant F visa in order to:

  • work with the government, diplomatic mission, or an international organization in Thailand;
  • attend a meeting with a Thai agency or take part in an event organized by the Thai government;

Families of diplomats living in Thailand are permitted to stay there on non-immigrant F type visas as dependents.

Diplomatic Visa/Official eVisa

Holders of diplomatic passports or red UN Laissez-Passers who enter Thailand for official business on behalf of their home country or an international organization may apply for a diplomatic/official visa.

Unless otherwise directed by the Office of Immigration Bureau, the duration of a diplomatic or official visa's stay cannot exceed three months (90 days).

Send inquiry:



Welcome to Divine Associates Ltd.

× How can I help you?