Visa-Free Countries for Liberia Passport Holders
Things to know before you travel with a Liberian passport
The Liberian passport ranks 95th in the world passport ranking, allowing its holder to enter 24 countries without a visa.
There are 20 countries where Liberian citizens can apply for a visa on arrival. 20 destinations also offer e-visas to Liberian passport holders.
Before applying for a Liberian passport, a person must first have Liberian citizenship. Liberian citizenship can be obtained by birth or naturalization, which is reserved for people of black descent. The Liberian passport application process involves filling out the application form, printing the receipt, paying the fee, attaching supporting documents and then going to the passport center.
Visa-free travel is how Liberians can see new places and meet new people
Visa exemption allows Liberian tourists to visit many different places and meet people from all over the world.
Without needing to apply for a visa, they can visit not only the most famous tourist destinations but also hidden places. There are countries that are not among the favorite destinations of tourists but still have a lot to offer.
Also, the more countries you visit, the more people you have the chance to meet. These can be tourists with whom Liberians can share their feelings and emotions about the trip or local people. Locals can give them insider information about places to visit and help them immerse themselves in the country's culture and traditions.
How to apply for a Liberian passport
Liberian citizenship is obtained at birth or later in life through naturalization. In Liberia, naturalization is reserved for people of black descent.
The applicant declares his or her intention to naturalize in circuit court, followed by an actual application for naturalization.
To apply for a Liberian passport, a person must fill out the online application form, pay the fee, print the online application receipt, attach other supporting documents and present it in person to the application center passport documents on the scheduled date and time.Click here
Advantages of visa-free countries for Liberian citizens
Visa-free traveling is a desirable opportunity, as it has considerable advantages:
- you do not need to apply for a visa and fill out a form, which may require not only certain personal information but also the attachment of additional documents;
- You are under no obligation to share your confidential information;
- you don't have to spend extra money on a visa, as the trip itself can be expensive;
- You don't need to wait for a visa to be issued and can travel immediately;
- Since you don't need to apply for a visa every time you want to go somewhere else, you are free to travel and can visit more places.
24 countries where Liberian passport holders don't need a visa
Visa-free countries for Liberia passport
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Côte d’Ivoire
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Sierra Leone
- United Arab Emirates
Also, Liberian citizens can get a visa on arrival in 20 countries and visit 20 countries more with an electronic visa.
Visa on arrival countries
Electronic visa countries
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- São Tomé and Príncipe
- South Sudan
How to discover if your destination is a visa-free country?
To discover if your destination is a visa-free country, please check the list of visa requirements.
What should you do if your destination is not a visa-free country?
If your destination requires a visa, you should get one in the embassy, online, or on arrival.
Traveling to non-visa-free countries: helpful tips
Traveling to non-visa-free countries is more difficult and requires more effort than visa-free travel. So here are some helpful tips for you:
- Carefully review all requirements before traveling;
If you are eligible, choose an e-visa, as you do not need to go to the embassy to apply for a visa;
- apply for a visa in advance to get it on time, even if there are problems;
- Double-check all the information you provide in the form to eliminate errors;
- It's better to print out electronic documents to have on hand;
- Make sure your passport is valid for six months from the date of arrival and has space for a visa stamp.
Why do you need to research the different visa requirements of each country before traveling?
You should research each destination's visa requirements before traveling as each country has its own requirements and regulations. If you don't meet them, you won't be able to enter the country.