Iran e-Visa Application
Iran e-Visa: Basic information
Travelers who want to visit Iran can do so using the following types of online visas:
- a single-entry e-Visa valid for 90 days enabling a 30-day stay in the country.
- a single-entry e-Visa valid for 60 days, also for a one-month stay.
- a transit e-Visa: that stays effective for 30 days and allows a 7-day visit in Iran for transit purposes.
- a multiple-entry e-Visa: that stays effective for 90 days (three months) and can be used for all business-related purposes (including participation in sports events in Iran).
The single-entry online visa can be used for tourism purposes, such as visiting friends and family, going on vacation, sightseeing, etc.
Start the application process by choosing the purpose of your travel begin by clicking on the “Login” button, which can be found in the menu on the right side of the screen.
If you haven’t registered yet, please register yourself first. After registering, proceed to log in to the panel.
Once you are logged in, navigate to the menu on the left side of the panel.
Select the “Visa Application Form” option from the menu.
Follow these three steps to receive the Iran Embassy Registration (Authorization Code) to get your e-Visa:
- Provide basic personal and travel details in the online visa application form. Double-check if every piece of information in the form is error-free.
- Cover the electronic Iran visa fee by choosing any online payment method from several available. Receive the confirmation number immediately after you have cleared the outstanding amount.
- Check your email address to see if you have received the Iran Embassy Registration code necessary to collect the online visa at the nearest Embassy.
- a single-entry e-Visavalid for 90 days (three months)
- a single-entry e-Visa that stays effective for 60 days (two months)
- an online transit visa that stays valid for 30 days (one month)
- the multiple-entry online visa for business-related purposes, which expires after 90 days (three months)
The validity period starts from the date of online visa issuance; Make sure you enter Iran before your entry permit expires!
To transit through Iran and reach the final destination, travelers must first apply for an Iran e-visa.
Travel with the transit e-Visa that stays valid for 30 days from issuing and allows a 7-day stay in the country.
- a printed Iran e-Visa copy
- a passport that will not expire for at least 6 months from the intended date of entering Iran
Take a look at the Iran e-Visa sample below to get more information on this entry permit and in what form does it come for travelers.
Required documents for e-Visa
Anyone wishing to travel to Iran must apply online for embassy registration (authorization code).
- Passport is valid.Make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months.
- Your passport photo (first page).In JPEG (jpg or jpeg) file format.File size must be equal to or less than 500 KB (less than 10 KB is not accepted).You should only upload the first page, do not accept the full image.Photos of your face.
Follow these requirements when uploading your photos:
- The file format must be JPEG (jpg or jpeg) with a file size equal to or less than 500 KB (less than 10 KB is not accepted).
- 70 to 80% of the photo must include the candidate's face.
- Airline tickets.
- Visa authorization code letter.
- Details of accommodation
- You must include information about where you will stay once in Iran, as you will be asked to provide information about accommodation in your application.
- Summary or Resume; You may be asked to provide information about your current and previous education and employment history.
- Other information; Depending on the type of visa you are applying for, you will be asked to provide additional information/documents.
Once you collect the required documents, the application process can be completed using any working device with an internet connection. Apply within a few minutes from home or any other place!
Which Countries Can Apply for Iran e-Visa?
Which Nationalities Don’t Have to Apply for Iran e-Visa?
If you come from one of the countries listed below, you do not need to apply for a visa before entering Iran:
- Armenia: 90 days within 180 days
- Azerbaijan: 14 days
- Egypt: 20 days
- Georgia: 45 days
- Lebanon: 30 days
- Malaysia: 15 days
- Oman: 29 days
- Syria: 90 days
- Turkey: 90 days
However, if you wish to stay longer, you must apply for the relevant visa.
How Much Does the Iran e-Visa Cost?
Can I Check My Iran e-Visa Application Status Online?
- Once you receive your embassy registration (authorization code), make an appointment at the nearest Iranian embassy and get your visa online within one month of receiving the code.
- Customs officers will check that each traveler has a printed copy of their Iran e-visa and a valid passport.
- Please ensure you have a passport valid for at least 6 months from your intended date of arrival in Iran before applying online.
- A digital photo of the candidate's face can be taken with a phone or PC camera; so preparation only takes a few minutes
- Our support team is available to assist all subscribers via email and phone at every stage of the registration process.
- Iran online visa processing time can take up to 10 business days.