Visa-Free Countries for Georgia Passport Holders
Things to know before you travel with a Georgian passport
The Georgian passport currently occupies the 50th position in the global passport rankings and achieves a relatively high travel score. There are 73 visa-free countries for Georgian passport holders, including all Schengen countries.
Georgian citizens can apply for a visa on arrival in 36 countries. They also have the option to visit 30 countries using eVisa.
Foreigners can get a Georgian passport after acquiring Georgian citizenship. It may be by conventional procedure, by simple procedure, by special procedure or by restoration.
Visa-free travel lets Georgian citizens get immersed in other cultures
Traveling without a visa is a great way for Georgian passport holders to experience other ways of life, as they can immerse themselves in the culture and get to know the people better.
They can take advantage of visa-free travel to visit places they wouldn't otherwise go. Since they don't have to worry about getting a visa, they are more likely to travel to new and exciting places naturally.
There are many visa-free countries in the world for Georgians, so they can easily find a country that perfectly suits their needs and start exploring its culture.
How to acquire Georgian citizenship
Georgian citizenship can be granted by naturalization by ordinary procedure, by simplified procedure, by special procedure and by restoration.
In general, a person can obtain Georgian citizenship if they:
- a foreign citizen considering Georgia to be their homeland, and they or their ancestor is:
- a person residing in an occupied territory of Georgia or is internally displaced from this territory
- a person emigrated for political opinions or for hard social and economic conditions
- a foreign citizen makes an investment in Georgia that significantly contributes to the development of the state's economy;
- a foreign citizen who is successful in sports, science and/or art and intends to carry out his activities on behalf of Georgia.
After obtaining Georgian citizenship, a person can get a Georgian passport.Click here
The advantages of traveling to visa-free countries
Georgian citizens are fortunate to have the opportunity to travel visa-free to many countries as this brings solid benefits.
One of the most significant benefits is that it saves time and money, both for tourists as well as embassies and border controls.
Furthermore, it means they don't need to fill out forms, provide confidential information and prepare additional documents, which can become another labor-intensive task.
As a result, this eliminates stress for the applicant and harmful impact on the environment, as no resources are expended on applying for a visa.
73 countries where Georgian passport holders don't need a visa
Georgian passport visa-free countries
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
- North Macedonia
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- San Marino
- United Arab Emirates
- Vatican City
Also, there are 36 countries where Georgian citizens can get a visa on arrival, and 30 countries that issue electronic visas or electronic travel authorization.
Visa on arrival countries
- Cape Verde
- Marshall Islands
- Sri Lanka
Electronic visa countries
- Côte d’Ivoire
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- São Tomé and Príncipe
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
How to know if your destination is a visa-free country?
To find out if your destination is a visa-free country, check the visa requirements for your destination country and the list of visa-free countries for your passport. Friend.
What to do if your destination is not a visa-free country?
If your destination does not allow you to travel without a visa, you must apply for the required visa.
Tips to know before traveling to non-visa-free countries
You should be prepared to travel to non-visa-exempt countries to ensure that you will not encounter any border control problems. These tips may be helpful to you:
- know the requirements of the destination and prepare the necessary documents;
- check your passport, as it must be valid for at least six months from the date of arrival and have blank spaces;
- note that it is now not always mandatory to apply for a traditional visa at an embassy, as eligible citizens can opt for simpler options - online visa or visa upon arrival;
- Carefully check the information you fill in the application to avoid errors;
- Make hard copies of documents just in case.
Is it essential to check the different visa requirements of each country before traveling?
Researching visa requirements is always a good idea before travelling, as it will help you avoid being denied entry, fined or deported.