Fiji Passport Visa-Free Countries
Travel with a Fijian passport
The Fijian passport ranks 63rd in the global passport rankings providing access to many countries and an average travel score.
There are currently 45 visa-free countries for Fijian passports. Fijian citizens can also apply for a visa on arrival in 34 countries. 20 countries offer e-visas to Fijians to make the application process easier.
A person can apply for a Fijian passport after acquiring Fijian citizenship, which can be granted through birth, marriage or naturalization.
Opportunities for Fijian passport holders with visa-free travel
Visa-free offers Fijian travelers amazing new opportunities to explore the world and meet new people.
Without needing to apply for a visa for each destination, they can visit many countries without a visa whenever they want without having to plan in advance or set a specific number of days.
This will certainly expand the geographical reach of their movements. Whether they travel with a guide or alone, they are likely to meet many people.
During the tour, they will be able to explore the countries with companions, and if they go alone, they will be closer to the locals. Either way, it's a way to make friends and have unforgettable memories.
How to acquire Fijian citizenship
A person can become a Fijian citizen by:
- birth if at the time of birth at least one parent is a citizen;
- married if they provide evidence of good moral character and have been legally resident in Fiji for a total of three years out of the five years immediately preceding the date of application;
- citizenship if they have been legally resident in Fiji for a total of 5 years out of the 10 years immediately preceding the completion of the application.
It is possible to apply for and obtain Fijian citizenship after acquiring citizenship of one or more countries. After obtaining citizenship, a person can apply for a Fijian passport by filling out an application form and paying the passport fee.Click here
The benefits of visa-free travel that Fijians can enjoy
Visa-free traveling is very popular, as it has considerable benefits:
This can save you a lot of time and trouble as you don't need to go to the embassy or apply for a visa;
you save money because you do not have to pay visa fees, and this advantage is especially noticeable if you travel to several countries;
it lets you automatically change your plans if you find a great last-minute deal or decide to extend your trip;
When you don't have to worry about visas, you can focus on your trip and make the most of your time in each destination.
45 countries where Fijian passport holders don't need a visa
Fiji passport visa-free countries
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- South Korea
Also, there are 34 countries where Fijian passport holders can get a visa on arrival, and 25 countries issuing electronic visas.
Visa on arrival countries
- Cape Verde
- Marshall Islands
- Papua New Guinea
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
Electronic visa countries
- Papua New Guinea
- São Tomé and Príncipe
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
Individuals who also have citizenship of a country member of a visa waiver program can travel to the US without a visa if they have a valid ETA.
How to find out if your destination is a visa-free country?
To know if your destination requires a visa, you need to check the list of visa requirements.
What to do if your destination is not a visa-free country?
If your destination is a non-visa-exempt country, you will need to obtain the required visa type (traditional visa, electronic visa or visa on arrival).
Things to know before traveling to non-visa-free countries
Before traveling to non-visa-free countries, there are a few things you need to keep in mind:
- First of all, you need to apply for a visa before traveling.
- This can usually be done by applying online or through your local consulate.
- Note that if you are from an eligible country, it is best to choose the online application process;
- Make sure you allow enough time for processing, as in some cases it can take several weeks to obtain a visa;
- Once you have your visa, remember to keep it safe and make a copy in case you lose it or officials have problems with the e-visa;
- When preparing for your trip, attach all the necessary documents, such as a valid passport and visa, as well as other necessary documents - for example, onward tickets, letters of recommendation, etc.
Is it important to check the visa requirements of your destination country before traveling?
It is extremely important to research information about visa requirements to ensure that you enter the country smoothly and without any problems.