Divine Associates Ltd.
Canada Entry Requirements

eTA Canada Application (e-Visa)

eTA Canada Information

eTA Canada (Electronic Travel Authorization) is an online visa issued to travelers from visa-exempt countries who wish to enter Canada by air for tourism, business or transit purposes.
Electronic Travel Authorizations were introduced by the Canadian government in May 2016 to speed up the visa application process.
Canada's eTA is a multiple-entry visa that allows stays in the country for up to six months at a time.
The eTA is electronically linked to the applicant's passport and is valid for five years from the date of issue.
The eTA application process is certainly simpler and less expensive than applying for a traditional visa.
The eTA registration process takes place entirely online, from filling out the form to paying the fee (49 euros).
Processing time has been reduced from weeks (traditional visas) to days.However, most applications are approved within minutes.
ETA is a secure form of travel authorization and is recommended.
Use ArrivalCAN to enter Canada
Beginning September 7, 2021, all international travelers must complete ArriveCAN before entering Canada.
The Canada Health Declaration form must be completed to allow travelers to enter the country during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This is only possible thanks to Arrive CAN, a platform created specifically for this purpose by the Canadian government.
Unlike other countries, which can have up to four types of e-visas, Canada has simply one type.
An eTA allows you to come to Canada for tourism or business purposes.
So whether you want to enter as a tourist, visit family or friends, attend a conference or conduct negotiations, the Canadian Electronic Travel Permit is perfect for you.
The AVE is a multiple entry permit valid for five years!
Travelers can visit Canada multiple times during the validity period.
Each stay can last up to 6 months at a time.
ETA does not allow its holder to work in Canada.

At Evisa Express, we do everything we can to make sure that your eTA application process goes seamlessly.

Ready to fill our the application form? Begin by clicking on the “Login” button, which can be found in the menu on the right side of the screen.If you haven’t registered yet, please register yourself first. After registering, proceed to log in to the panel.Once you are logged in, navigate to the menu on the left side of the panel.Select the “Visa Application Form” option from the menu.Next  follow these steps:

  1. Provide basic personal and travel details, including your passport information in the application form. Double check to make sure everything is correct and move on to the next step.
  2. Cover the 49 Euro fee and receive a confirmation number at your e-mail address. All applicants have several online payment methods to choose from.
  3. Lastly, check your inbox. Approved eTAs are directly delivered to the traveler’s e-mail box in PDF form.
Processing time may take several days.
However, in many cases, approval times are much shorter: about 15 to 30 minutes.
At Evisa Express, our average processing time for a Canadian eTA is 16 hours.
You will not be asked to send a copy of your actual passport, so it is extremely important that you check that all the information you give us is correct.
Once you have approved the eTA, it will be electronically assigned to your passport.
You don’t need to print it.
Remember: The Government of Canada is responsible for approving each eTA application.
All decisions regarding immigration, travelers and applications rest with the Canadian government.
Therefore, processing time may be extended if deemed necessary by the Canadian government.
The eTA is valid for 5 years from the date of approval.
During this time, visitors are allowed to enter Canada multiple times.
Each visit you can stay for up to 6 months.
An important requirement is to ensure that your passport remains valid for the duration of your visit.
If your passport expires during this time, your eTA will also expire.
A new application will need to be submitted before re-entering Canada

If you’re flying to Canada to transit through the country on your way somewhere else, you still need an eTA.

Check if your country of citizenship is located on the “List of eligible countries,” above, then simply fill out an online application form in order to receive your eTA Canada.

Canada has only one requirement for travelers with an approved eTA:
Carry your valid passport with you throughout your trip and present it at the airport when requested by border authorities.
It is not necessary to print your eTA.
It will be automatically assigned to your passport.

Once approved, eTA will be sent to the applicant’s email box. Check the Canada eTA sample below to learn how the document will look like:

eTA Canada


List of eligible countries

If you can find your country on the list below, you are eligible to apply for an electronic visa to Canada.

Citizens of the following countries are eligible to apply online:

  • Andorra
  • Australia
  • Austria
  • Bahamas
  • Barbados
  • Belgium
  • Brazil*
  • Brunei
  • Bulgaria
  • Chile
  • Croatia
  • Cyprus
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Hong Kong
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • Ireland
  • Israel
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Korea, South
  • Latvia
  • Liechtenstein
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg
  • Malta
  • Mexico
  • Monaco
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • Norway
  • Papua New Guinea
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Romania
  • Samoa
  • San Marino
  • Singapore
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • Solomon Islands
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Taiwan
  • United Arab Emirates
  • United Kingdom
  • Vatican City (Holy See)

Nationals of the countries listed above need an eTA if entering Canada by air.

Special advisory for Brazilian nationals: You are eligible for an eTA if you meet one of the enlisted conditions:
– You are a US Permanent Resident (Green Card holder)
– You have held a Canadian visa at any point within the 10 years preceding their current visit to Canada
– Currently hold a US non-immigrant visa

Nationals of the following countries are always visa exempt (do not need to carry an eTA):

  • Canadian citizens or dual Canadian citizens
  • Permanent residents of Canada
  • US citizens

Required documents for e-Visa

Whether you are a tourist, a businessperson, or simply want to transit through Canada, your electronic travel permit has the same simple requirements:
Passport will be valid for at least 6 months from expected date of arrival
This requirement applies to any eligible person wishing to enter Canada by air.

FAQ about the Canada e-Visa

eTA stands for Electronic Travel Authorization.The Canadian eTA is an entry permit that is digitally attached to your passport number and allows you to visit Canada multiple times within a five-year validity period.
Each stay can last up to 6 months at a time.
Canada’s eTA is valid for 5 years from the date of approval.
Each time you enter the country, you can stay for up to 6 consecutive months.
Remember that if your passport expires or any data on it changes, your entry permit will be invalid.
Keep your passport valid to benefit from an eTA validity period of 5 years.
Because the eTA is linked directly to your passport, you do not need to print it before arriving in Canada.
However, you can keep an extra copy on your mobile device just in case.
The electronic entry permit will be sent to your inbox as a PDF upon approval.
The Canadian eTA costs just 49 euros for a multiple entry permit and is valid for 5 years.
All candidates can choose between various online payment methods to cover fees.
As soon as your payment is registered, you will receive a confirmation number.
If you want to enter Canada for tourism, business or transit purposes and want to travel by air, you must first have an eTA.
The only document required to apply is a passport valid for at least 6 months from your intended date of arrival in Canada.
Applicants should note that the eTA approval process may take several days.
However, most requests are processed within minutes.
The average processing time using our service is only 16 hours.
Applying is quite simple: all you need is a valid passport and citizenship from one of the eligible countries.
Simply fill out the online eTA application form and pay the 49 euro fee.
Our team of visa experts will then take care of the Canadian eTA application process for you.
Canadian citizens and permanent residents as well as all US citizens do not need an eTA.
If you are not one of them, you must first apply online for an electronic travel permit.
Luckily, submitting an application only takes a few minutes and can be done even from home!
Travelers cannot apply for an eTA at the airport.
You must arrive with an approved eTA assigned to your passport.
Otherwise, you will not be allowed to board the plane to Canada.
Yes, you need an eTA to connect (transit through Canada).
Please ensure you have a passport valid for at least 6 months from your expected arrival date and apply online.
The approved entry permit will arrive at your email address.
You cannot renew your eTA in Canada.
When your entry permit expires, you must apply for a new permit.
All applicants must be outside Canada to do this.
The length of stay can be up to 6 months at a time!

Yes, all approved eTAs are automatically, digitally assigned to the passport of the applicant. There is no need to print it out and bring the copy to the airport, the customs officials will check if the traveler has a valid eTA via their travel document.

To check how well your eTA is being processed, please contact our support team by email or phone.
Provide the team with the confirmation number you receive immediately after registering to pay and receive information about the status of your electronic entry permit.
If your eTA isn’t approved, check to see if you’re actually eligible.
Is your passport valid?
Are you applying from outside Canada?
If you’re still unsure why your eTA hasn’t been processed, please contact our support team via email or phone.
You can stay up to 6 months per visit.
The AVE is a multiple-entry permit, allowing its holder to visit multiple times within a five-year validity period.
Make sure your passport will not expire during your trip to Canada.
Yes, you can sign up for an eTA for your child.
To enter Canada by air, citizens of eligible countries even children and infants must have both an eTA and a valid passport.
There is no “minimum age” below which children can enter without the appropriate entry permit.

Send inquiry:



Welcome to Divine Associates Ltd.

× How can I help you?