Divine Associates Ltd.
Australia Visa Requirements

Australia Visa Types

If you want to visit Australia and do not have a passport that allows you to enter the country without a visa, you must apply for a visa.

There are different types of Australian visas depending on the purpose of travel and expected length of stay. However, the easiest way for eligible citizens to obtain an Australian visa is to apply online.

There are two types of Australian e-visas:
ETA and eVisitor. Both categories allow the holder to visit Australia for purposes such as tourism, business activities or visiting relatives and friends. The allowed stay is three months at a time, but you can visit the country as many times as you like throughout the year.

If you want to come to Australia for a long period of time, for other purposes or cannot apply electronically, you must go to the embassy and apply for other types of visas, some of which are mentioned below.


E-Visa Express


Electronic Travel Authority (ETA, subclass 601) allows travelers to enter Australia to visit family and friends, go on holiday or engage in certain business activities, such as attending conferences or negotiate commercial contracts.

With an ETA, you can travel multiple times in 12 months and stay for up to three months at a time. To apply for an Australian ETA, you must reside outside Australia and hold a valid passport.


With eVisitor (subclass 651), you can visit the country for vacation, to see friends and family, to carry out certain professional activities (excluding work) and to study or train .

You are allowed to stay in Australia for 90 days at a time and visit the country as much as you like within a period of one year.

Transit visa

You need a transit visa (subclass 771) if you are transiting through Australia en route to your next destination or entering the country by air before joining the crew of a non-EU ship. 988).

To apply, you must have a confirmed booking to another destination within 72 hours of arriving in Australia, as well as the required documents to travel to that destination or required crew documents.

Visitor visa

Tourist visas (subclass 600) are issued under several visa routes.

Tourist visa stream (applicable in Australia)

This tourist visa stream allows you to enter Australia to explore the country, see loved ones or for purposes other than work or medical treatment.

You must be in Australia at the time of application;

With this visa you can stay there for up to 12 months. This is perfect if your current visa is about to expire and you want to stay longer.

Travel flows (applicable outside Australia)

This visa stream serves the same purposes and for the same duration as above, but the applicant must be outside Australia at the time of application and awaiting approval.

Sponsored Family Feed

This visa is for applicants from outside Australia who are sponsored by an eligible family member who is an Australian citizen or permanent resident. Patrons may be required to pay a deposit.

Professional customer line

A person with a business tourist visa can visit the country for professional reasons and stay for up to three months. It is not allowed to work.

Destination status flow approved

This visa allows citizens from certain areas of China to visit Australia as part of an organized tour group. The permitted length of stay is specified in the grant letter.

Frequent Traveler Stream

The regular tourist flow targets Chinese nationals who regularly visit Australia for business or personal reasons. It is issued for a maximum term of 10 years with a stay of up to 3 months. Before applying, applicants must provide Chinese biometrics.

Student visa

The student visa (subclass 500) allows the holder to engage in a qualifying program of study, bring family members to Australia and work unlimited hours in any field.

You can stay in Australia for up to 5 years, travel abroad and return as often as you like.

You can apply electronically in Australia or overseas, but you must comply with the following requirements:

  1. be enrolled on a course in Australia
  2. Hold health insurance for students abroad or be exempt from insurance
  3. from 6 years old and up
  4. Have proof of social protection for minors
  5. have an eligible official visa if you are in Australia.

Working Holiday visa

The Working Holiday category (subclass 417) is for people aged 18 to 30 (or 35 for some countries) who want to take an extended holiday and work in Australia.

It is issued in different forms depending on when the applicant receives it (first, second or third).

Other Australia visa types

There are also other types of visas to enter Australia such as marriage visas, parent visas, work and qualification visas, refugee visas, bridging visas, medical treatment visas, etc.

Send inquiry:



Welcome to Divine Associates Ltd.

× How can I help you?