Ascension Island e-Visa Application
Ascension Island e-Visa
The Ascension Island government issues visas for tourism, business, scientific/research purposes, contractors, employment and employment dependents, and accompanying family members.
Why Is the Ascension Island e-Visa Issued?
The Ascension Island e-Visa is issued for the following purposes:
- Tourism –If you want to go to Ascension Island to visit family and friends or simply to go on vacation, you can apply for an electronic Tourist Visa.
- Business – If you want to carry out short-term business or consult with various employer organizations on the island, you can apply for a Business e-Visa. The e-visa for business allows you to organize training, audits, inspections and tenders.
- Scientific or research purposes – If your purpose of visiting Ascension Island is to undertake scientific activities, or research, you may apply for the relevant e-Visa, which is
- Scientific/Research visitor.
- Transit – The Transit/Double Transit visa allows you to stay in the country for seven days for each journey while you are on your way to a third country.
- Short-term work – A Contractor e-Visa is for people undertaking projects on behalf of an organization that employs them in their home country.
- Employment – The Employment e-Visa is valid for those working under local employment contracts with certain organizations on the island.
- Family reunion – If you want to travel with a family member to the island, you can apply for an electronic visa for your dependents and accompanying family.
To apply for an e-Visa for Ascension Island, first
- Clicking on the “Login” button, which can be found in the menu on the right side of the screen.
- If you haven’t registered yet, please register yourself first. After registering, proceed to log in to the panel.
- Once you are logged in, navigate to the menu on the left side of the panel.
- Select the “Visa Application Form” option from the menu.
- Fill out this form with the required information.
- Finally, submit the completed form.
When filling out the form, you will be asked to provide basic personal information, such as your passport number and date of birth.This is why we recommend that you bring your passport with you.
Required documents for e-Visa
To apply for an Ascension Island e-Visa, you need the following documents:
- Passport is valid for six months from the date of departure from Ascension Island.
- Digitized photo. The photo does not have to be a specific passport photo, as long as the photo you upload clearly shows your face. It must be a JPEG file.
Other documents based on your type of visa include:
For Business e-Visas:
- Copy of business invitation or confirmation of what you plan to do on the island
For Scientific/Research e-Visa:
- Proof that you have been granted a research permit by the Ascension Dialogue Board.
For Contractor e-Visa:
- Proof of contracted employment.
For Employment and Employment dependents and accompanying family:
- Copy of your job offer for each application. Your arrival and departure dates must match the contract dates.
How Much Does the Ascension Island e-Visa Cost?
The fees for the Ascension Island e-Visa are as follows:
|Purpose of visit||Standard||Fast processing|
|Double Transit (3 months validity)||£30||£45|
|Short Term Business (1-4 days validity)||£65||£75|
|Long Term Business||£35||£55|
|Employment – Dependant||£10||£15|
When paying for the Ascension Island e-Visa, you can choose to pay for standard or expedited processing. Standard fees apply to requests made at least fourteen (14) days before the scheduled arrival date. Expedited processing applies to requests where the requester intends to arrive earlier than the standard 14 days from the request date.
Note: Visa fees are non-refundable.
Do I Need An e-Visa to Visit Ascension Island?
All nationalities, including British citizens, require an e-Visa before they can enter Ascension Island. Exceptions include only the persons listed below:
- It takes 21 days to process your Ascension Island e-Visa.
- If your application is considered complex or incomplete, it may take longer.
- However, neither serves a member of Her Majesty's Armed Forces;
- Those who serve the Crown of the Head of His Majesty's Ascended Government;
- Persons serving the Crown of Her Majesty's Head of Government of the United Kingdom, the Falkland Islands or St Helena, when visiting or working on Ascension Island in the course of their official duties;
- Persons serving the Government of the United States of America or its contractors, as defined in Article XII of the Bahamas Long Range Evidence Act.
- Land agreement dated June 25, 1956.
- Persons serving the North Atlantic Treaty Organization when visiting Ascension Island in the course of their official duties;
- Dependents of the above people
- A member of the crew of a ship or aircraft under a commercial agreement with Her Majesty's Ascension Government requiring him to board that ship or aircraft as a member of this crew,
Can I Work in Ascension Island On An e-Visa?
Yes you can. However, only if you have applied for the corresponding e-Visa. Employment is not permitted unless you have applied for an Employment e-Visa. The Employment e-Visa allows employees and eligible dependents to obtain multiple-entry visas until the end of their contract. The following is a list of employment agencies on Ascension Island:
- Encompass Digital Media Services Ltd
- Interserve Defence Limited
- Bank of St. Helena
- Sure South Atlantic (Ascension Island)
- Seafish Chandlery Ltd
- Saints Members Club
- Diocese of St. Helena
Benefits of Divine E-Visa
FAQ about the Ascension Island e-Visa
Yes, you may. You may arrive and depart up to 72 hours after the stated arrival and departure date. However, only if the delay is related to unforeseen circumstances.
Tourism e-Visas can only be issued for up to 3 months in any 12 months period. Business visitors can stay in the country for up to 2 months in any 12 months period, whereas Scientific/Research visitors can remain in Ascension Island for up to 3 months in any 12 months period.